Friday, September 21, 2007

End of Summer lament


Why must they do this every fucking year? C'mon just win the division for once.....Damn you Roger Clemens. The only curse this team suffers from is can'tgetridof1978ITIS.


Moving on.......Thank you Patriots.....Thank you.

I actually started to play a little poker again...at Absolute Poker that is. The Sit'n'Go's seem to be pretty soft. I finished 4th out of 472 in a two dollar donkfest. Not too bad for this low limit donkey. I'm not sure how much I can actually play....I have verizon FIOS in my house now and I can't play poker like I WANT to....I have to grind out the low limit stuff. It just seems like such a waste of time to play for 4 hours and get 4th place for 50 bucks. I may just have to jump on in to the FantasySportsLive thing.....I loves me some fantasy sports....why didn't anybody think of this shit last year. Last year I had some cash to blow on gambling......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ranked 4th by Bob Ryan in the Globe today - they definitely put your faith to the test.

Play-offs are an entirely different thing. Personally I could care less about a division title.

Taking down the WS in Fenway park - thats what I'm hoping for.

PokahDave said...

It's just the way they are going about the end of the season. It seems so.......pathetic. 1978 was the biggest end-of-season collapse in history...this season would be an even bigger collapse. There is pride in winning the pennant and not sliding in on the wild card. It seems like complaining or whining if they get in....but that's just the way it used to be. That being said...the Tampa Bay Devil Rays are a welcome sight at this point. The only thing that I see missing from this team is leadership....I guess big Papi is going to have to hoist the team on his shoulders again.....