Sunday, September 27, 2009

MiscellaneouSunday

Live bloggin' 'bout nothing in particular today. I had a busy weekend so i'm glad to just hand out and watch the Patriots and other football games. It's raining here today so I don't have to feel bad about the two daughters being inside all day long.

I went to play the Friday night tourney at the HPT (uh...somebody forgot to pay a bill for this one...somebody should just make a blog for free....AHEM!) and I did make the final table. I was the short stack so I didn't have much of a chance to get into the money. Not a bad record at the HPT....3 tournies 3 final tables. I've never won but I'll take that ratio anyday. My last hand was As-8s...by far the best hand but Q high hit and the three way pot was dragged by the vaunted Q-4o. I made the comment "that was the biggest pot dragged by the worst hand I've ever seen in a live tournament....(chuckles all around)" I had to get up early so I didn't get into the cash game afterwards. There were also a few relieved faces after Biggestron didn't show (he runs good in this tourney....real good). Come to think of it neither did this guy (AKA Rakefeeder)or this guy (AKA evil Wonka)...at least this guy has a good excuse! Mike (AKA mlotti on FTP)was a gracious host as always and the HPT people were more than happy to see another semi-familiar face. It reminds me of the WPBT/Winter gathering crowd quite a bit. It's all about fun and the love of the game.

Saturday the wife and I were able to get up to the Newburyport area for good food and drink. My parents offered to babysit. We went to eat some appetizers at a great place called the 'Merrimac River Grille' and then walked over to 'The Grog'. We saw a half decent cover band and had a great time. Gotta love going to a coast town like Newburyport before the weather gets too cold. Come to think of it...it's a good place to go even when it's cold and snowy. I've spent a lot of time up in that area between Newburyport and Salisbury Beach this year....and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sunday : Started the day beating the bag outta 135 Donkeys to get a buy in to this tourney.



LoL...you only get 300 chips for the 20 FPP buy in. I got 25K FPP's from my top 20 finish in the BBT4 and I only had a few 26 dollar tourney tokens and no cashed to show for it. I buy into this one and play somewhat similar to a Push-fest and have get a 5K FPP buy in out of it....not too shabby to start my day! This also gives me something to do a week after I get my hernia surgery done the 9th of Oct. I'm getting surgery to fix an umbilical hernia that started to bother me sometime in 2000. It's developed into this freakish looking bulge where my belly button used to be...hence the umbilical thing. Let me tell you that it is quite uncomfortable to have people stare at your belly button while on the beach. I kind of had fun with since I knew I'm finally going in for surgery. It looks like a golf ball is behind my belly button or something. I guess they are going to use local anesthesia and put a mesh screen to keep the hernai from popping out again. It's weird but it finally popped out for good about a year ago while in work. I sneezed and made a weird sound and grabbed my stomach at the same time. The guy I work with just looked at me and said "What...did you get shot in the stomach or something" me : "no but it felt like it"....it was a really odd feeling but my family members and wife have been telling me just to get it fixed for the last year...so I am.

Patriots : WTF 6 trips to the red zone and only one touchdown. Tom Brady must....MUST have injured his shoulder during the pre-season. That hit he took from
Haynesworth must have messed up his shoulder...he's overthrowing everybody today.
They lead by 9 and just got the ball back so we'll see. It's really weird to see them not be that offensive juggernaut that we're so used to watching. Nothing lasts forever and we've been through Detroit Lions-like franchise seasons in the past. Not that I think it'll ever be that bad ever again but I do remember the 1-15 and 2-14 seasons.
....now playing 2 dollar 1R1A on FTP....go me....
....keeping an eye on other NFL games via this site...it's probably the best....
....Brady to Baker....nice!......it's about time somebody caught the ball...jeez...
....oh....it looks like the Lions might break their futility streak...and oh those poor Cleveland fans....good luck with Manginuis...good luck...he's getting the bad karma that was coming his way from 2 years ago....
.....Tampa Bay gets shut out....UGLY all around.....those poor Tampa fans....ugh!!!
.....Patriots win...Patriots win...now going over to the Detroit game....go Detroit!
.....My god...the second longest losing streak in the NFL is about to end...they haven't won since 2007!.....
.....oh no Lions....oh no.......
.....Since December of 2007....woohoo....happy for them for once....
.....Rex Ryan is a total Douche Bag just like his daddy......
.....Wow...Minnesota must be happy with Favre...especially after today......
.....the dreaded Yankees just went up 4-2 on my Sox....bastards....
.....Next year is going to be an interesting one in the fantasy baseball leagues with all the Performance enhancing drug busts etc.
.....Joe Morgan is at best the worst baseball commentator......
.....QQ, KK, and AA rarely win on FTP....seriously.......
.....freakin' Yanks....I hate the Yanks.....
.....I don't hate Mariano Rivera though...he is a class act....
.....Somehow I'm still in this 2$ 1R1A...go me.....
.....The fantasy football teams just aren't doing much today...it is frustrating...
.....in typical FTP fashion...I am short stack...I push my T2900 with 9's in early position and get called by K's...my 9's flush out on the river though...this is foreign and new to me...sucking out at FTP...I've been doing it all day!
.....oh...by the way....both of us hit our sets as well on the previous hand....
.....Just won a huge pot pushing my 8's into the BB's 7's to stay alive again....
.....Down in flames...my A-Ko can't hit against 9's.....

.....back after 2.5 hours of yelling and cleaning stuff that the kids have destroyed
.....requested 'Madagascar 2' for daughters...4 year old...she promptly falls asleep....1 year old is just happy to be awake....4 year old must be tired from being a demon child trapped in house all day because of rain....
.....Fantasy Hockey draft about to start on ESPN....I got 4th pick......
.....Sidney Crosby as first pick....not too bad......
.....Draft over...great hockey team ready to kick ass......

No comments: