Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Tuesday night tourney at the Lowell Brewery

I played another cheap tourney at the Lowell Brewery and got knocked out somewhere at 30 or 31 again...second tourney in a row (NLHE...50.00 buy-in..plus 20.00 unlimited rebuys for first hour).....this is their (Capone's poker) schedule The unlimited rebuys makes it a pretty wild tourney but to no avail. There was a 25.00 side STT tourney that I jumped into...with 5.00 bounty for whomever you knock out. I love the Sit'N'Go Single table tourneys online and do quite well on them so I jumped in with 9 other people. There were All-ins on really bad hands that were called fast...I sat back and waited for a great hand so the other guys would knock each other out and sure enough they did...I raised on the button with K-Jh...BAM! he whacks his hand on the table and goes all-in! with authority...I guess I was supposed to fold but I figured with 7 players left I'll call his small Pocket Pair...which is exactly what he had..7's...I catch a J on the flop and all of the sudden I'm sitting pretty on the Single table. I saw one guy not raise with pocket A's and after the flop he goes all-in but is promptly called..the guy to my right has J-7 for a two paired flop...knocks out the poor dude with A's...After playing solidly and building the biggest stack on the table I knock out the 3rd guy...we were already in the money at that point. The heads up match between me and the other guy was good...it went on for about 20 minutes. I folded a couple of hands and we were showing each other the all-in hands after the other folded..pretty friendly..I finally got a pocket pair (my recently lucky 5's) and I went all-in and was promptly called with an A-K.."fuck" I thought...but they held up and I won the 100.00 first prize....thank god for the side action tables.....

No comments: