Friday, August 11, 2006

Where my head will be at starting on Saturday

The song "Shanty" is such a great beach song...it actually reminds me of being on Cape Cod back in the 70's. I used to sit and watch people throw huge bonfire parties on the beach. I noticed a lot as a little kid. I noticed how people were passing what looked like a cigarette and thinking....why do they keep passing it to each other..why don't they get their own? These parties would last long into the night and I also noticed all the alcohol that was consumed. I couldn't wait until I got old enough to be at that party...everybody seemed so happy. I was a big proponent of the beach bonfire later on as I got older and I always will be. Beach parties from the Cape up to Hampton Beach would become standards for the summer....that is until they banned bonfires on most of the beaches. I heard the following song on the radio yesterday and it immediately transported me from the last two stress/traffic filled weeks to that last late 80's bonfire beach-party on the Cape Cod beach.....

Gonna sit down in the kitchen
And fix me something good to eat
And make my head a little high
And make this whole day complete
Cuz we gonna lay around the shanty, mama
And put a good buzz on

Well pass it to me baby
Pass it to me slow
We'll take time out to smile a little
Before we let it go
Cuz we gonna lay around the shanty, mama
And put a good buzz on

Well there ain't nothin' to do
And there's always room for more
Fill it, light it, shut up
And close the door
Cuz we gonna lay around the shanty, mama
And put a good buzz on

We gonna sit around the kitchen
Fix us somethin' good to eat
And make ourselves a little high
And make the whole day complete
Cuz we gonna lay around the shanty, mama
And put a good buzz on
Cuz we gonna lay around the shanty, mama
And put a good buzz on

-Jonathan Edwards.........SHANTY

I made it to the last two tables last night in the bar league. I had T1500 in chips left and the blinds (SB300-BB600)were making their way to me. I went all-in with Ac-5c...I got lucky earlier with As-5s and I needed chips so yes I was trying to steal. Guy to my left goes all-in over top of me with pocket Q's. No help...I got knocked out.....but still got some valuable leaderboard points. I have about 5 weeks to do some serious damage.....gotta get to the top ten. I'm also going to have to call a little more often...I'm seeing most of the bad play being rewarded. 4 of 11 cashes and 5 of 11 final tables. There is a huge tourney developing on Sept. 22nd. at the Italian-American club near my house. I have my 100.00 buy-in already since I came in 5th place at the last one. There may be 150 people there....big prize pool.
I'm going to incommunicado for a week starting on Saturday.....no online poker bad-beat bitch stories...no fantasy sports....no emails...no blogs....no work...
nothing. I know all two readers of my blog will miss my witty cynicisms and eloquent bad-beat elaborations.....

How about that Jamie Gold! 12 million stinkin' bitch-slappin' freakin' mutha-chuckin' dollahs! I can't believe that the character "Ari" in 'Entourage' is supposedly based on him! That's fucking hilarious.....

See ya'll in a week or so....

No comments: