Monday, December 04, 2006

You Better You Bet

When I say I love you you say you better
You better you better you bet
When I say I need you you say you better
You better you better you bet
You better bet your life
Or love will cut you like a knife
-Pete Townsend

I saw 'The Who' on Saturday at the Boston Garden. They did not disappoint this self-professed sucker for classic rock. I also found a web page that has Pete Townsend's diary thing on it... he's talking about Zak Starky (Ringo Starr's son....Zak.....blows him away on the drums...seriously....he gives the Who energy that they need) the drummer for 'The Who' among other bands. The new album translates well 'live'. I heard it on the radio and thought it sounded a lot like 'Classic' era stuff. The fact that they sound so good over 40 years after they started is nothing short of miraculous. There are plenty of 'YouTube' videos that will back that opinion up. I get goosebumps when they break into 'Amazing Journey/Sparks'. If you haven't heard the most powerful performance by any band then go listen to the remastered version of 'Live at Leeds'....it's incredible.
I haven't been doing much in the poker world. I can't go to the WPBT winter classic and that shouldn't surprise anyone. I want to meet these people who keep stacking me in the WPBT tourneys and the WWdn.not. I also want to meet the people who's blogs I read all the time and reduce my workplace productivity....but I can't. I'll just have to settle for the smaller buy-in tourneys that I can still afford. If I didn't have two mortgages and ten-thousand other bills I would be able to play a hell of lot more. I made my financial situation so...stop bitchin' Dave....
I've been playing a lot of low buy-in PL Omaha Hi/Lo, Razz, and Seven-Card Stud Hi/Lo tourneys. PokerStars is getting better at offering these types of tournament for the low-limit poker hack. There is a 1.00 buy-in HORSE tournament every night that packs 'em in...lots of fun to be had with these tourneys. I should make a Friday night tournament on PokerStars. Maybe I'll call it the 'FriDave'. I'm usually not going out anywhere on a Friday...especially during the Winter months. I just don't know if anybody will show up. I guess I'll check into it....maybe get a DS NL tourney or something.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! There I said it....PC people be damned! This should be the best Christmas ever...my daughter will be 19 months old tomorrow.....man did that go by fast! This post doesn't make much sense but neither does anything else in this humble blog. I should call it 'Poker and lots of other shit' or something like that. Nah, that's already taken. It's just a place for me to blow off steam. Feel free to correct any grammatical errors.

No comments: