Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back from vacation and back to the grind......

It's no secret that we haven't had the best summer weather up here in the Northeast. Lots of rain in June and July.....not too much in August though. Last week was the best weather of the summer coinciding with my vacation to a nearby beach....Salisbury. It's not easy taking the family too far from home especially with a 3+ yr. old and a 3 month old. My parents inherited a beach house a few years ago and that makes the decision easy.....a late-August week at the beach for free. I had to miss my annual Allman Bros. concert this summer because of the vacation week. Oh well, I've seen them upwards of 20 times so that's life. (my Van Halen curse continues to this day (from 1985......as I had to miss it because Eddie fell of the wagon and delayed the concert twice...the last being the day before my wife gave birth to my second daughter. She actually told me to go...there was no way) I didn't feel like I had a summer before last week. I had a couple of friends and their families come up for a night but I finally had some time to decompress and enjoy the beach with my daughter. I got more exercise chasing and swimming with her then my last 2 years combined. I couldn't sit down for more than 1 minute on the beach...but I was never so happy to be so active. I haven't posted a lot because my poker playing has suffered this month. I just can't get anything brewing for a great tournament run or final table. I made a final table while at the beach...on Bodog...the 6K guarantee...but flamed out in 9th place (I broke down and got one of those wireless USB modems via Sprint....then returned it only a week and a half later). I've been doing pretty well at PokerStars and Bodog this year. Not so much on Full Tilt. I don't know what it is....most people I've looked up do better and are more profitable on PStars than Full Tilt. This is not fiction..this is a fact! Makes me wonder why I play anything but Bloggaments on FTP. I won a couple of 75$ tokens on FTP this week but I'm not sure if I can use them wisely. By that I mean...I can't enter a tourney on a week night before 9:00PM (it's just to crazy in the house before then). I see that the best tourney on FTP for the 75$ token is the 32K at 7:00PM maybe? I might be able to do that on a Fri. or Sat. but not during the week. I also recently saw a new poker room opening or re-opening after closing sometime in '03. Going to have to check that one out. I can't wait to play some live poker. I wanted to go to Al's bash at the end of Sept. but that was used as a negotiation weekend. My wife and friends wife go to NYC for the weekend at the end of Sept.....and I go to VEGAS in DECEMBER for the WPBT weekend. I don't favor any blogger over any other.....can't we all get along? I look forward to meeting more people this year (and actually remembering some of them the next day....long story but this guy might have a funny story to tell). I know I would be a lot happier if this guy was going also....hopefully the job search doesn't prevent him from going! Last year we were sitting at the mixed games table at the MGM. I was cruising along and raking pots and then two people put me on tilt for different reasons. One is this chick for obvious reasons (she sat down and had this tight t-shirt on....then stretched and arched her back and these huge hands...ahem! Took my attention away and I couldn't concentrate) and none other than Dutch Boyd. Dutch...no offense dude but you seem like kind of a douche........

1 comment:

Schaubs said...

Def. a highlight of my 2007 trip.

Hopefully we can sling some chips this time around.

I look forward to it!