Monday, August 22, 2005

Allman Bros. concert....

I had an awesome time at the Tweeter Center for the Allman Bros. concert. I got stupid drunk as my friend was relegated to driving and staying relatively sober. I got the tickets on the Ticketmaster website and was hesitant at first but they had some good tickets for sale. The tickets were in the last row of the first section...I think they were row HH or something. I printed them out and they scanned the piece of paper as a ticket...that was kind of wierd. the concert was about a third of the way over when the lady next to us asked if we wanted to trade tickets with their friends...I said "what are the back on the lawn of something?" she says..."there in row z about 15 rows in front of us! Not only were the about 26 rows back from the stage but they were closer to middle..incredible upgrades for nothing!! I have to say that Derek Trucks is probably the best slide guitarist I've ever seen live....this is quite a change from when we saw a young and timid 20 year-old a few years ago. He literally takes the show over with his incredible slide guitar. Duane Allman would probably be surprised...........I also traded the ticket with my buddy for a RedSox ticket this Friday....the barter system has never been so good to me. On another note a friend of mine got a book from the library called "BANG your HEAD..the Rise and Fall of Heavy Metal" by David Konow. I know this is not exactly a thought provoking book or anything like that but it has some truly fascinating stories about all things heavy metal from the late 60's to it's present day form.

Lately i've been building my online bankroll through playing $25NL tables on Party Poker and when I went from $50.00 to $200.00 I figured I would try a few MTT's again. I tried the $22.00 buy-in 20k guaranteed and ran into a few bad-beats ie double gutshot straight draw and a set over set...the other players had short stacks so I did survive those but...I got knocked out with A-Ko by some guy with pocket A's...I also tried multi-tabling for the first time and it's not easy with a laptop and 15' screen. I only had two tables going but with a baby that's lightly sleeping in the same room (I have my wireless laptop/router setup in the living room so I can catch some sport scores etc.) it's precarious at best! Anyway I've destroyed my productivity for the day by blogging here and I must sign out......

1 comment:

Pauly said...

Man, I miss the Allmans! Great recap. Good luck with your blog.