Monday, August 29, 2005

bad run with Pocket A's lately.....

Over the past 5 days I've busted out of the following with Pocket A's....PP MTT NLHE 20.00+2.00 20k guaranteed...my Pocket Rockets get busted by Pocket K's on the flop (set)...PP Shootout 5.00+1.00 when the table chip leader calls with A-Ko and rivers a straight A-high....PP 30 max Sit'N'Go NL 5.00+1.00 on the bubble (knocked out 6th..top five paid) when a guy calls my pocket A's with pocket K's and flops a set....PP NL 250 Freeroll (these are made for this sort of thing) A-Ko calls my A's and gets his third king on the river...PP NL25 HE table 10 players when a guy bets out 2.00 and one other player calls ahead of me I send my 21.00 all-in (he has 23.00) he thinks about 10 seconds and then calls my 21.00 all-in with pocket 9's..he then proceeds to river a fucking full house 9's full of Queens!!! Then on UB in two hands on a NL 3000 Guar Turbo MTT I go all-in with pocket A's and some guy (who annoyingly enough is typing words to old Bruce Springsteen songs in the chat box as if to serenade everybody) calls with J's and gets his set on the river...knocks me down to 2000 chips from 5000 chips. The following hand I have Pocket A's again!! I go all-in and while typing in the words from 'Born to Run' calls with A-4d and then rivers a fucking wheel straight to knock me out...This sequence of tourney's has me on tilt for the whole weekend and I proceed waste my bankroll (aleady small due to my monthly allotment of bills) to a pittance...

I swear it seems like every time I was busted out from the PP tourneys or tables I had Ace of spades and Ace of clubs...the two black aces on Party Poker were certain death for me over the weekend like some sort of karmic fucking bitchslap!!! I check into my stats on Poker Tracker and confirm my run of futility...All-In with the 'Best of it' indeed...

No comments: