Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cat Puke Tilt

Last night I sit down and I'm ready to get some points (and possibly cash) in M.A.T.H. but my cat 'Bruin' had other plans. He comes in the room 5 minutes after the tourney started and promptly yaks all over the rug. If this was on the linoleum or wood floor then I'd ignore it until the break. This is right in friggin' front of me in the living room.....in the middle of the floor....and it stinks! I have to hit the 'sit out next hand' button and clean this puke up. It gets on my hand and I'm ready to get sick. So I'm cleaning this from the rug and the table that I'm at is going fast and furious. It was one hell of a starting table with Iggy (can't fool anybody with that Summer Babe crap), Lucko, JJok among others....as some got knocked out they were replaced with more tough opponents. I'm on cat-puke tilt all while cleaning up and getting my blinds stolen every orbit. I couldn't help but be on tilt and the cards weren't coming. On the two or three hands I had that were good I had no action. I even slow played my Aces and everybody folded to my min-raise. I think it's time to retire the min-raise. None of my bluffs worked...they were all called or raised with abandon. None of my hands got any substantial pots. So I flamed out in 40th place which is appropriate given my cat-puke tilt. I got bumped down the leader board to 17th place! I need points...I will be at the Mookie on Wednesday with a purpose! I wonder what that bounty banner will look like. I've needed a banner for this blog since it started. Mookie is the man.

Last weekend was great. I went to a wedding in Jackson, NH...right up the road from my condo in North Conway. No need to rent a room. Jackson is like a Norman Rockwell painting that came to life. A perfect little NH township that turned out to be a great place for the nuptials. The place was something like 200 years old....and full o' character if you're into that sort of stuff. The open bar for the whole ceremony and reception suited me just fine. I think I had a thousand Crown Royal 'n Cokes. I golfed with the groom on the morning before the wedding. I had my best game EVER!! I'm pretty bad at golf but getting much better as I figure out some things in the past two years. The golf course was right in the heart of North Conway behind the center of town where all the shops and bars are. I mean it sprawls out...surrounded by mountain peaks and granite faced mountainsides. There is also the Saco river that surrounds it.....very relaxing and one hell of a course. We had a 12-pack of Heineken and it disappeared before the 10Th hole. Good thing we didn't get a case...the groom would have been shit-faced and I would have took the blame. Even though I didn't buy the beer....or set up the tee-time....I would have taken the blame. My wife's friends would have killed me. So everything worked out with that and it was a weekend to remember for many reasons.

I have to say that I haven't bought many CD's in the past few years....not like I used to. I've always been a huge Black Sabbath fan. I've been in a huge metal mood lately. There isn't much that has come on to the scene in the past decade that has done much for me though. Once in a while there will be a band that has a song or dare I say an albums worth of material that is worth buying. Somebody made a copy of 'Black Sabbath-the Dio years' and it's just awesome. The CD is constantly on in my car back and forth from work. I mean I haven't heard 'The Mob Rules' for years but it kicks my ass every time I crank it out. The main riff for the song is classic Geezer-Iommi. The riff has this heavy elasticity that just kills. I've been a huge fan of both versions. The other singers I could leave or take......Glenn Hughes....the Great David Donato (1983...short stint singer...who?...what kind of stupid name is that? hehheh!) among others. The all time riff-meister Iommi....it doesn't matter who is singing as long as he and Geezer are making the riffs. Dio has always had a classic heavy metal voice. Black Sabbath has had two of the greatest. No other band could survive and still rock that hard (some would say Van Halen but I beg to differ.....although I like both Sammy and Dave...the Dave version of VH is only version of VH that I want to hear). I'll go so far as to say that Black Sabbath is the only band that never sold out!! Ever!! maybe Slayer....maybe some other unknown Black Metal band that sucks anyway but Sabbath will be Sabbath. I could never play Randy Rhoads guitar solos (well at half speed...which hurt...he was unreal) but I could always get some buddies together and play some Sabbath...and it sounds good whether it's played by a bunch of idiots in a garage or by the band itself. I even bought a lefty white Gibson SG (because I'm a lefty anyway and I like the way it looks) in '85 with my savings. I still have that guitar today and I can still bang out 'N.I.B.', or 'Iron Man', or 'The Mob Rules' or 'Paranoid'.
Neon Knightssssssssss

5 comments:

katitude said...

I swear, this title made me do a double take and wonder if I'd sucked out on you at some point *grin.

PokahDave said...

The cat actually puked right in front of me....nasty....
The fact that it made you do a double take is hilarious....so are the fact that I'm starting to say 'Wrangy' and 'Wonky' funny stuff....

StB said...

Funny. As I read the post, I was listening to the Fozzy cover of The Mob Rules.

Cat puking is the worst, especially in the middle of the night. It is like a friggin alarm clock!

PokahDave said...

Ha...I know...The cat usually pukes in the kitchen (easy to clean up)....but this time was different and actually ruined my whole night! BTW you have to check out that new CD..that is if your a fan of Sabbath. It's a great bunch of material with a few new ones thrown in. Is Fozzy a good band or just a cover band?

SirFWALGMan said...

I do not see the problem?